Please ensure you have a valid passport and visa for any international travel. You may obtain the latest entry requirements via the embassy or consulate of the country you are visiting or via the IATA Travel Centre. For domestic flights within Peninsular Malaysia and Sabah / Sarawak, all relevant documents must be original. Copies are not accepted.
Travellers are to follow these SOPs commencing 1 May 2022 as stated by the Ministry of Health:
Please note that COVID-19 travel insurance is no longer required for all arriving travellers.
Supervised RTK-AG test for partially vaccinated or unvaccinated travellers
- Travellers who are partially vaccinated or unvaccinated are required to do a professionally administered RTK-Ag test within 24-hours from arrival and upload the result in the MySejahtera app. For further convenience, travellers may choose to perform the test at private screening facilities that are available at the airport. Otherwise, they may opt to do the test outside of the airport.
Please refer below for the available screening facilities at each international airport:
Kuala Lumpur (KUL – KLIA & klia2)
Kota Kinabalu (BKI)
- If tested positive:
- fully vaccinated travellers who fall under categories 1 & 2 are subject to undergo Home Surveillance Order for 7 days. Those who fall under categories 3 & 4 are required to seek treatment at the quarantine centre or private medical institution.
- non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers are subject to undergo Home Surveillance Order for 10 days.
- If tested negative:
- fully vaccinated travellers do not need to undergo quarantine
- non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers are subject to undergo Home Surveillance Order for 5 days and repeat the RT-PCR test on the 4thday or professionally administered RTK-Ag test on the 5th